Business Law Expertise for the U.S., Mexico, NAFTA and All of the Americas
The international and domestic business law help you need, no matter what size business you have.
Since 1986, business lawyer David D. Spencer has built a U.S., Mexico, NAFTA and Latin America business practice. He has worked with entrepreneurs, small, medium, and Fortune 500-sized businesses to provide them with the business law tools they need to become successful domestically and internationally and outperform their larger, well-financed competitors.
Fluent in Spanish, Spencer focuses on the business law of the Americas – Nafta, Mexico, Canada, the U.S. and Latin America in general. In addition to the U.S., Canada and Mexico, he has assisted clients with matters in nearly all the Latin American countries, including Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras. His clients are located throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Does your lawyer add value to your business or your transaction?
This is the top priority. With his large-firm background in corporate matters, secured transactions and real property law, Spencer adds value by assisting clients in structuring the financial and commercial aspects of their business plans, negotiating and closing the deal, and managing the work of legal and other advisers in foreign jurisdictions.
A lot of what you get from your business lawyer should not cost anything.
You should be able to rely on your lawyer for topical and useful information for free. With that in mind, we intend to use this web site as a library and invite you to check our library pages for items of interest.
Our first library documents will relate to the Nafta countries, Canada, Mexico and the U.S. As we grow, however, we will add additional resource material pertinent to other countries in the Americas.
In addition to the library items, you will find contact information, additional background and useful links via the buttons on the left or the list below.
- Professional Resume of David D. Spencer
- Over 24 years of experience in U.S., Nafta and Latin American legal matters.
- Summary of Latin America Practice
- Fluent in Spanish, Spencer handles client matters in Latin America ranging from distribution/agency agreements to turn-key joint venture facilities.
- Mexico Library: Selected Legal Topics
- Articles of interest on Mexico business and law., including Mellin and Spencer,
- USA Library: Selected Legal Topics
- Articles of interest on U.S. business law subjects.
- Contact Information for David D. Spencer
- Questions and comments are always welcome.
- Overview of U.S. Trademark Protection Law
- Overview of U.S. Trademark Protection law
- Intellectual Property License Agreement Checklist
- Intellectual Property License Checklist